

Since The Arizona Diamondbacks Opening Day in 1998 I have been going to Bank One Ballpark/ Chase Field April-September for almost 12 full seasons. There are roughly 82 home games each baseball season, unless they make it to the playoffs or World Series...which I've been there for those extra games as well.
Baseball is in the blood...from my dad & brothers who played/play pro Ball to my mom's side where my grandfather was in MLB for 50 years and almost all 9 daughters married ball players. It was just one of those "born into" things.
Anyways....I thought I'd take a chance on working in an atmosphere that I grew up in & a place that felt like a 2nd home...I am so glad that I did....Now 12 years, 4 pregnancies/ children later, many great games including the 2001 World Series, 1000's of flights of stairs, much TV time (i stand behind the batter) the kids love to watch for me, new friends (both fellow workers & awesome regular customers), excellent "get out of the house, mommy-time", many celebrity encounters, a fabulous "slush" fund, and many memories....I am addicted!
Each season gets a bit rough with juggling all 6 of our crazy, hectic schedules and each season I go back to "try it one more year". I just can't seem to "let go" and Adam knows how happy it makes me...so here I am another baseball season, with the 1st 22 games in April....I'm crossing my fingers & holding my breath that it all works out!









No comments:
Post a Comment