Thursday, March 25, 2010

2 traumatic afternoons


Ok, so I don't mean to be OVERALLY dramatic about our 2 afternoons (Mya was dramatic enough for both of us).
Tuesday at 4pm Dr. Culp wanted to "explore" an adult tooth of Mya's to make sure it was healthy.
You would have thought the world was ENDING!  I'm not sure Jungle Roots Dentistry has ever seen anyone or anything like Mya & her absolute FREAK OUT!
People were staring, trying to offer advice, stories & comfort.
All I could do (besides: comfort, bribe & keep my patience) was think......
Why haven't we enrolled this little lady into Ahwatukee Children's Theatre?
I know....my mind was wondering, but i've never had any of my children react this insanely...
Insane enough for the dentist to pull me out of the room & ask a few questions:
1.) Has there ever been other traumatic dental experiences? (No)
2.) Other siblings react this way?(No)
3.) Any playground stories? (Ahhhhhh......yes!) as a matter of fact on the drive there, Mya informed me that someone told her she would end up with a "silver" tooth!
****As we were discussing options & ?'s, with ALOT of coaxing, bribing (3 toys) & cherry smelling laughing gas & Taylor Swift....Dr. Culp & I turned the corner to an absolutely hysterically, laughing little girl!
Her laugh was so hilarious...it was CONTAGIOUS!!!
People throughout the entire office & waiting area were laughing with her!
Needless to say.....we are all ALIVE & made it through!


Wednesday afternoon wasn't as emotionally draining as Tuesday, but still quite the event in the Moore family!
Kaeden decided to have his beautiful head of very cute "baseball" player hair shaved off.
Jodi & I double & triple check this crazy request & then asked a couple questions:
1.) Did someone say they'd pay you? (No)
2.) Are you worried about not being on The Sandlot team? (No)
3.)  Are you sure you don't want to just "clean" it up? (No....shave it off)!
4.)  Did anyone tell you you HAVE to do this?  (Dad said my head won't fit in my football helmet when football season comes!)......Ah-ha!
Off with his hair!
I actually LOVE  to see his forehead,  face FULL of freakles & huge blue eyes now!

No comments: