Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am TOTALLY OBSESSED with......

(photo: footnotes.com)
This new show on NBC, Friday nights.
Last week they took Sarah Jessica Parker on a journey of part of her family tree as far back as they could research.
Last night they followed Emmitt Smith on his amazing journey back to his roots as well.
It is so incredible to watch this process, that it has completely lit a fire in me to know more about as many Ancestors that I can link back to on both my side & Adam's side.
I am going to post findings on my journey quite a bit in order to keep the process documented for our children, grandchildren, great grandchildren & so on :)
I am extremely lucky to start off with great recordings & research from my great uncle 
Carroll Albert Chauvin.  
Great Uncle Carroll was my dads favorite.  I remember going to Uncle Carroll & Aunt Laura's home in New Orleans for Mardi Gras festivities & always finding the baby in the King Cakes.
Most of the recorded history that I am working with & thoroughly enjoying is branching on my paternal grandmothers ( Marie Virginie Chauvin Bordes, AKA: MawMaw, SAL) side.
Looking back at all of the birthdates, death dates, marriage dates & Names really sparks many thoughts in my crazy, detailed head.  I wish I would have seen some of these names & surnames before naming our 4 children.  
Many emotions have hit: Happy, Sad, Inquisitive, Mysterious, Fear, Pride, Faith, Heritage, History, 
Love.
Love truly does make the world go round & continue on. 

One really cool direct descendant I found in Uncle Carroll's documentary is :


Charles Carroll of Carrollton was the last signer of the Declaration of Independence.
He was also the last survivor of the signers.
Birthdate: September 19, 1737
Died: November 14, 1832
95 years old



2 comments:

Trisha said...

That show sounds so interestnig! I will have to watch it.

My mother has traced my family on both sides and completed out family tree with pictures and everything. It is wonderful to read and the wills are amazing!! Good luck on your search!

Laura Fuller said...

very cool! i haven't heard of that show; sounds good