Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey Trot

Mackenzie & Kaeden had the Kyrene de los Lagos annual ASU vs. U of A turkey trot today. Me, Adam and Kael attended in our maroon & gold to run/walk 7.5 minutes with Mackenzie & 5 minutes with Kaeden. This is always a huge day for the kiddos. The competitive juices that flow through the Moore/Bordes blood is insane! Mackenzie had a count down on her calender in her room with the date saying "I'm gonna win"! Although, it's not a race, she & Carter have a forever ongoing battle of who is the fastest & can run the longest? Kaeden was his goofy ole self & had lots of fun & enjoyed just being with Adam. Kael was a trooper in the Bob (jogger) until he saw the playground...and then he was off to weeeeee(slide).

We have 2 more turkey trots next week with stroller strides & Mya's school. I really can't wait for Mya's turkey trot.....because on our walk to school this morning I had one of the hardest laughs that I can remember......it goes like this....

Me: Mya I can't wait for your turkey trot next week!

Mya: Me too, is it in the morning?

Me: I think so I need to check the paper that was sent home(I have a million papers to look at between the 3 children in school)....Why?

Mya: Because if it's in the morning Halen(boy in her class) and me will sweat our balls off. (Totally serious tone)

Me: WHAT? WHAT? Where did you hear that? Did Halen tell you that?

Mya: No...is it bad?

Me: (Trying so incredibly hard not to explode laughing) Yes honey ...it's just not nice, especially for girls to say. And then, I couldn't hold back anymore...I busted out laughing!

All of the parents driving through & dropping off probably thought I had some Baileys Irish Cream in my coffee...oh well! At least I had a good laugh & Mya said it to me first so I could nip it ASAP!






1 comment:

Keri said...

I love Turkey Trots! That is one of my favorite events at school each year!

Mya is hilarious! I don't think I've been around her when she hasn't said something that cracks us all up!