Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Today is a day to reflect on all that we are thankful for. However, I've found that over the past 10 years I've had to remind myself throughout the year to count my blessings. I truly believe alot has to do with getting older & maturity, but more than ever being in a horrific car accident at the ripe ole age of 19 while 8 months pregnant put me in check very quickly. I truly feel that the roller coaster of the accident & the extremely unexpected and huge scare of my right kidney failure with pregnancy 3&4 were things that made Thanksgiving for me more of a daily event (minus the huge feast).
Other things along the way have also contributed to my thankfulness for sure. I'm just so happy to be someone who can recognize my blessings:

* Adam & the children: They are what make my heart sing & beat!
* My Health: Being in & out of surgeries & sickness makes me truly value this.
* My family & their health: How lucky I am to have health for such a large family.
*The roof over our head: Love is what makes our house a home.
*Our pantry, refrigerator/freezers over flowing with food: We are blessed.
*Our friends: Adam and I truly believe healthy friendships & relationships nurture who we are.
*Adam's job: Stink has taken such great care of us....no matter what job he's had we've always been comfortable. And I've been so lucky to stay home with our children.

The basic necessities are what make me smile! I love the simplicity of the basics. Finding the good in every situation is what I strive for in order to be thankful for my blessings throughout the year!

Have a blessed & thankful Thanksgiving day & year!

2 comments:

Keri said...

I still remember the day of your accident, such a scary day!

I am thankful that you are a blogger now and we can keep in touch more often!!

Nicole said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Danielle!