Gold= Power
Green=

FaithI usually have a King Cake Fed Exed in during Mardi Gras from http://www.mannyrandazzo.com in New Orleans. If you go to the website you will get the full history of Mardi Gras, The King Cake and a much more beautiful view of what these yummy King Cakes look like! This year I attempted to make a king cake instead. As I was rolling the dough out...I told Mackenzie "I wish the Fed Ex guy would appear right now" and ding dong....I open the door to realize my wish had come true (well almost) and nearly jumped on him with a great big hug....only to find the box he was delivering was the 1/4 of the size and an Ipod nano instead of a mouth watering King Cake.
I really try to keep a bit of my New Orleans roots & tradition with the children...so they had fun watching me make Jambalaya & The King Cake. We discussed the history of Mardi Gras and what the 3 colors symbolize. The most exciting part to them is to find out whose piece will have the little plastic baby! In each KC a plastic baby is placed inside...the person who finds it in their slice will hold the next king cake party in order to continue to be social during Mardi Gras.
Mya was the lucky winner. After all she had been the most behaved all afternoon....so of course the baker (yours truly) placed the baby in this sweet little ladies cake. She was so thrilled with excitement and giggles. Hopefully my lil' Rajun Cajun's will appreciate and remember this tradition as they get older!











No comments:
Post a Comment