Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Mya Jean!





Mya (Emerald...my birthstone) Jean(my mom (nana's)middle name) Moore was born October 13, 2003 at 10:56am weighing 7lbs. 4oz. 19 inches. Here's how the story goes....October 10th was a Friday night at the DHS homecoming football game...the moon was full & I was feeling ready, however I was not due until October 21st. The security guard gave me a ride to my car at the end of the night...since Adam was coaching and I headed home. We went to Schnepfs Farm Saturday and they told me at the gate that 3 women had left the farm in labor....I wish...I would never get that lucky to go early...right? Sunday we went to The Kallays & Suz's sister Jen gave me a rockin' pedicure and D made a yummy dinner. We went home and I packed my bags to head to Avondale to spend the night with my sister-in-law and all of our children. We had a day at the farm early Monday morning w/ Heather's MOMs club. Around 5am I was not feeling good at all...mind you Austin was out of town, Heather had just given birth 5 weeks prior & I'm way across town not sure if I was in labor or not...even though it was my 3rd time...the 1st was a c-section & 2nd an induction w/ an epidural 10 hours & 3 cm. into it. I truly had never gone into labor on my own! I realize by 6am I'd better call Adam and send him to get Substitute plans together at the school he was teaching at. I woke Heather shortly after and we loaded as many carseats & children in the car as possible! Only to realize @ 7am on a Monday morning the I-10 is slammed with traffic.....at this point I was figuring I would be having this baby in the car any minute...we pulled over a police officer who said "he could not escort taffic" and then i proceeded to freak out & beg Heather to get me to Banner Desert ASAP & I would pay for any ticket she may get on the way. We got to Banner Desert at 8am and I am literally holding (what feels like her head) and slowly inching my way through the automatic doors...ALONE!!! Heather couldn't bring all of the children in, my mom was on her way, Adam had a flat tire & was scrambling to get a ride & sub plans and Lisa was finishing a conference call! Seriously...this was right out of a movie **** side note*** I swore I'd never be like the women in the movies who scream and the whole hospital can hear it****Never say Never! I thought i was going to explode into a million little pieces and die! Adam, my mom & brother all heard me before they entered those automatic double doors. To add insult to injury (bless his heart) Adam thought he was going to enter the L& D room with a bandaid on his chin from the rushed morning shave! I must have felt better when he walked in because i had the breath to tell him there was no way he could be in pictures with that stupid bandaid on or in the room with the stinky doritos he was eating! Luckily everone made it and I even had a second to throw some make-up on and two hours later Mya was born! Another girl! Hooray! 5 years has flown by! You are such a girly girl and have an incredible dynamic about you! I love you MJ! xxoo




No comments: