Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Real To Do List....

So today seemed to possibly be one of the busiest afternoons in the Moore family history. I decided to lay out Mya's dance outfit, gymnastics leo, Kaeden's baseball uniform & Mackenzie's soccer uniform, the RE folders, map out the afternoon in my head, try to stay calm, drive the speed limit and communicate with the children that I really needed them to follow every second & detail along with me. I would drop Mya off at gymnastics at 2:30pm, then drop Kaeden off at church at 3pm, pick Mya up @3:15pm and then pick up Kaeden to head to Tempe for baseball @4pm, drop Mackenzie off for church, get back into Maricopa to drop Mya off for 5:30pm dance, pick Mackenzie up @6pm for soccer & get back to dance for 6:30pm. Our white board always seems to be packed & overloaded.... during all of my drop offs & pick ups between 2:30pm & 6:30pm I was pleasantly surprised to have made it everywhere on time, but also to find that I remained calm and enjoyed this afternoon more than I ever could have thought I would! During my drive back from Tempe to Maricopa I felt so at peace and started to wonder as much as we have on our "to do"list.....what are some important things to do in between to make these crazy/busy afternoons be more enjoyable majority of the time instead of feeling like my head is spinning & chaos is thick in the air? That's when I remembered a cute little sign my mom bought me back in April. She must see from the outside in and try to get me to realize what is really important & what The Real To Do List Is!


*************I added a "to do" of my own next to it!***************

Happy schedules & Happy parenting!



2 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

Wow! I'm tired just from reading your to-do list.

Keri said...

You are incredible to have conquered all that with a smile on your face!

I love the wine bottle next to the "real" to do list...