Friday, October 17, 2008

Party of 14

My Dad's family...The Bordes'

My Mom's (The Cutler's) Family! Barbara, Carol, Mary, Jeannie, Dodie, Joe, Diane, Billy, Tommy, Debbie, Grampie, Grammie, Kathy and Judy.


Recently I have been doing an extra amount of thinking and reflecting on life! I don't know if it's because of the new decade that I've entered, or possibly the chapter that we are closing of having children. All I know is that it has been way more difficult than I ever imagined it would be. I tell Adam daily that I completely understand now... why my mother had 6 of us and her mother had 13 and my dad's mother had 8. After we had our 2nd I thought my mom & grandmothers were crazy. I had no idea how they did more than 2 children? It seems as though daily these women pop into my thoughts and I just wanted to say how amazing they all are for baring, delivering and raising the 26 children between the 3 of them! Motherhood is such an incredible journey and I am so lucky to come from the mother & grandmothers who set beautiful examples of loving, caring & nurturing women!

3 comments:

Laura Fuller said...

I struggle with this every day! I keep thinking maybe I should have more kids...but then you have to take care of them! It's hard letting go and moving to a new chapter of life.

Keri said...

Oh, I think it only gets better and better the older they get!

I admire women who have many children (my grandma had 10). We knew that 2 was good for us, it just felt right in every aspect.

Why not have more??? You and Adam make adorable kids!

The Moore Family said...

I totally enjoy watching them grow and feel so lucky they are strong & healthy, but I just love the little ones running around...so innocent, pure & eager to learn!

I will get through this...Adam has been super understanding (instead of thinking I'm crazy)!

We can't have more due to my kidney failure w/ Mya & Kael....I think that's the hardest part...it wasn't our decision...it was my healths...oh well! I'll live 7 enjoy the 4 blessing I do have!!!